Visit Connecticut’s great museums and zoos!
Take advantage of Scranton Library’s collection of museum passes for free or discounted admission.
Please call or visit the museum website to verify open hours and ticket purchasing procedures before planning your trip.
Passes are available for the following attractions:
- Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum (a Springfield Museum) – Springfield, MA
- Connecticut River Museum – Essex, CT
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo – Bridgeport, CT
- Connecticut’s Old State House – Hartford, CT
- Discovery Museum of Bridgeport – Bridgeport, CT
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art – Amherst, MA
- Florence Griswold Museum – Old Lyme, CT
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum – New London, CT
- Mark Twain House and Museum – Hartford, CT
- Mystic Seaport Museum – Mystic, CT
- New Britain Museum of American Art – New Britain, CT
- New England Air Museum – Windsor Locks, CT
- Niantic Children’s Museum – Niantic, CT
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art – Hartford, CT
The library also has coupons for discounts at the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford. Ask at the Borrowing Desk.
Free Connecticut Museums
Admission is free at these locations. No pass is required.
Ballard Institute and Museum– Storrs, CT
Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library– New Haven, CT
Connecticut College Arboretum– New London, CT
Connecticut State Museum of Natural History– Storrs, CT
Davison Art Center– Middletown, CT
Ely Center of Contemporary Art– New Haven, CT
Flanders Nature Center– Woodbury, CT
Fort Griswold Battlefield– Groton, CT
Museum of Connecticut History– Hartford, CT
National Helicopter Museum– Stratford, CT
Nautilus and Submarine Force Museum– Groton, CT
New England Civil War Museum– Vernon, CT
Submarine Force Museum– Groton, CT
Weir Farm & Burlingham House Visitor Center– Wilton, CT
White Memorial Conservation Center– Litchfield, CT
William Benton Museum of Art– Storrs, CT
Yale Center for British Art– New Haven, CT
Yale University Art Gallery– New Haven, CT