Have you ever wondered how to find a program on our website or use our e-resources? Visit our YouTube How-To Playlist to learn all that and more!
Ancestry Library Edition
Conduct your genealogical research with Ancestry Library Edition, which is available only from library computers.
Use Consumer Reports to find the latest ratings and recommendations you need for the products you want.
JobNow provides live, interactive online help combined with online resources to help you in your job search. Features include:
- JobNow: Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, a full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources, and more.
- Resume Assistance: Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview: Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests, and more!
- Career Resources: Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools, including eParachute, an online version of the What Color Is Your Parachute skills assessment tool.
- Skills-Building: Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Adult Learning Center: Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, classic films, and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Kanopy Borrowing Details:
- 5 films per month
- No waiting lists or fines
- A 72-hour loan period
- Your borrowing limit resets on the first of each month
Upgrade your skills or look for a new job with this free resource courtesy of the Connecticut State Library. Includes sections on occupational test preparation, jobs, and careers, GED prep, computer skills, workplace skills, and resources for Spanish speakers. Featured categories:
- Occupational Test Preparation: Make your work goals a reality—start a new career or advance in your current field.
- Job & Career Accelerator: Whether you’re looking to find a new job in your current field or pursue a career in an exciting new industry, Job & Career Accelerator has the powerful tools and expert guidance to help you through every step of the process to succeed in today’s job market.
- High School Equivalency Center: Open the door to better opportunities using LearningExpress Library’s High School Equivalency Center. You’ll find resources to help you build your reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and math skills as well as prepare for the GED®, HiSET® and TASC® tests.
- Computer Skills Center: Use the materials in this center to learn the basics of using a computer, navigating the internet, and using popular software programs from Microsoft and Adobe. Achieve basic to advanced skills in word processing, creating spreadsheets and databases, implementing design, and more.
- Recursos Para Hispanohablantes: Herramientas de aprendizaje, carrera y ciudadanía en español. Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- Resources for Spanish Speakers: This center provides learning tools as well as career and citizenship resources to help busy adults improve their basic skills, earn a GED® or become U.S. citizens.
- Workplace Success Skills: Build essential skills for workplace success.
With OverDrive’s Libby app, you can download thousands of free eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines.
The Palace Project provides e-books and audiobooks through the Connecticut State Library and partnering libraries.
With the Palace app, you will have access to titles from the digital collections of Scranton Library (through OverDrive), the Connecticut State Library, Digital Public Library of America’s Open Bookshelf, and New York Public Library’s Instant Classics. You will not have access to digital magazines, however, and must still read those through the Libby app.
Download the Palace app and look for E.C. Scranton Memorial Library. You will need to type in your library card to log in and download books.
Palace app for Android
Palace app for iOS
A directory of millions of businesses and consumers, Reference Solutions can help you search for jobs, addresses and phone numbers, business opportunities, historic market trends, U.S. healthcare practitioners, and much more.
The Connecticut State Library’s researchIT CT is a multidisciplinary database that includes magazines, journals, newspapers, and more — for students and adults. Search the state library catalog at findItCT. Look here for periodical titles available through the state library.
Language learners can build vocabulary, practice skills, and maintain what they have learned with Transparent Language Online, which supports learners anytime, anywhere, on almost any device — in 110+ languages (including English for speakers of over 30 languages).
Create an account by selecting the SIGN UP tab before downloading the app (iOS or Android).
ValueLine offers up-to-date reliable data, news, analysis, and other tools for investors.
Log in from home