Kids in Grades K – 6:
- Sign up at scrantonlibrary.readsquared.com starting June 29th.
- Read 30 minutes a day for 7 weeks (or 1470 minutes in 7 weeks in whatever chunks of time work for you).
- Collect prizes at the beginning, middle, and end of the program. Readsquared will tell you when you’ve earned a prize. Then just call or email us to set up a time to pick up your prize!
- Kids that complete the program will be treated to a make your own cupcake kit to take home, and a certificate of completion!
- Complete the missions on Readsquared to earn tickets for our special prize drawing and you could win a Nintendo Switch!
- Missions include things like helping your parents make dinner, working in the garden, and cleaning up the neighborhood. The drawing can be entered using this Google Form. Limit 10 entries (one entry per mission) for each child in grades K-6.
For Pre-readers ages 3 and up:
- Sign up at scrantonlibrary.readsquared.com starting June 29th or call the library to set up a time to pick up a paper log.
- Read 10 books a week for 7 weeks.
- Collect a small prize at the beginning and end of the program.
- Kids that complete the program will get a certificate of completion and a gift card to Ashley’s!
- Kids also earn a ticket for a special prize drawing every week completed (max 7 tickets per child in the program). The drawing can be entered using this Google Form. Our prize is a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Movi Robot!