Scranton Memorial Library offers proctoring services to students who need to take off-site exams for accredited colleges and universities. There is no fee for this service. Please call 203-245-7365 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions before having exams sent to the library.
BEFORE THE EXAM
- Proctoring is available at Scranton Memorial Library by appointment on weekdays when the library is open.
- Appointments should be made at least one week in advance.
- Due to variability in staff and staffing levels, we cannot guarantee that all requests for proctoring can be met, nor can we accommodate evening or weekend appointments.
- The student must make arrangements for the delivery of any exam to Scranton Memorial Library, whether it be via post or email.
- Scranton Memorial Library staff members proctoring exams will complete any required documentation forms provided by the college or university.
THE DAY OF THE EXAM
- The student is responsible for arriving at the library on time with appropriate photo identification and any documents or supplies required to complete the exam.
- While staff members are able to check on a student periodically, they will not be able to perform ongoing physical monitoring of the student during the exam.
- Please also note that, in a public space such as a library, complete silence cannot be guaranteed.
- The proctor will enforce any time limits or other rules set by the student’s testing institution.
- The library is not responsible for test sessions that are interrupted by events beyond the library’s control, such as power outages, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
AFTER THE EXAM
- The student must provide materials (envelopes, postage, etc.) for a completed exam’s physical delivery back to the testing institution. Scranton Memorial Library is not responsible for any costs involved in returning written examinations.