Scranton Memorial Library offers proctoring services to students who need to take off-site exams for accredited colleges and universities. There is no fee for this service. Please read the guidelines below and fill out the proctoring request form on the right before having exams sent to the library. You may direct further questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEFORE THE EXAM
- Proctoring is available at Scranton Memorial Library by appointment on weekdays when the library is open.
- Appointments should be made at least one week in advance.
- Due to variability in staff and staffing levels, we cannot guarantee that all requests for proctoring can be met, nor can we accommodate evening or weekend appointments.
- The student must make arrangements for the delivery of any exam to Scranton Memorial Library, whether it be via post or email.
- Scranton Memorial Library staff members proctoring exams will complete any required documentation forms provided by the college or university.
THE DAY OF THE EXAM
- The student is responsible for arriving at the library on time with appropriate photo identification and any documents or supplies required to complete the exam.
- While staff members are able to check on a student periodically, they will not be able to perform ongoing physical monitoring of the student during the exam.
- Please also note that, in a public space such as a library, complete silence cannot be guaranteed.
- The proctor will enforce any time limits or other rules set by the student’s testing institution.
- The library is not responsible for test sessions that are interrupted by events beyond the library’s control, such as power outages, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
AFTER THE EXAM
- The student must provide materials (envelopes, postage, etc.) for a completed exam’s physical delivery back to the testing institution. Scranton Memorial Library is not responsible for any costs involved in returning written examinations.