The Library has so much more than books! There are magazines and newspapers, audiobooks, videos, music CDs, museum passes, online databases, Internet computers, Wi-Fi access, e-book readers and more. And a friendly staff to help you.
You can use the library 24/7 from home to:
- Search the Catalog
- Log in to your account to find out when items are due, renew them, or place a hold on them
- Reserve Museum Passes
- Sign up for Events & Activities
- Borrow an e-reader or tablet (iPad, iPad Mini, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab, or Chromebook)
- Find newspaper and magazine articles
- Research topics in our Databases (Consumer Reports, Jobs, Business, Legal information)
- Download books, movies and more from our digital library
- Learn a foreign language using Mango Languages
Come to the Library with proof of your Madison Residency, fill out a form with your name, address, phone number, and email address – used only to remind you your materials are due shortly. You will be notified that requested books are ready and, if you wish, updates on coming library events. Once you have your hometown card you may also use it in other Connecticut libraries. And you can use your card to access the online databases, too.
Can’t find what you’re looking for in our LION catalog? We offer interlibrary loan services for borrowing books from throughout the state. Many libraries will not send their DVDs or music CDs, but we try to request them for you. For more information, please call the library at (203) 245-7365 and ask to speak to our Interlibrary Loan Department or send an email to email@example.com.
We can also order multiple copies for your book club members. Please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department for more information.
The Scranton Library provides free computer and Wi-Fi access for both residents and non-residents of all ages. A scanner is available for use in the adult computer area and the Children’s Room offers Early Literacy Learning stations for preschoolers.
Printing is available for 10¢ per page for black and white copies, 25¢ for color.