Welcome to Scranton Library’s 2017 Teen Summer Reading Challenge!
Open to students entering grades 6-12.
This year’s theme is:
Grand Prizes: Swag Bags
Grand Prize Swag Bags are won through raffles. The more you read and participate, the more tickets you earn towards a prize! You may distribute your raffle tickets however you’d like, but the same person cannot win more than one Swag Bag.
- Bookworm: R.J. Julia gift card, My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows (signed copy), This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (signed copy), “I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie” tote bag, bookish socks, LED book light, fingerprint bookmark, and candy
- Wilderness Explorer: the Call of the Wild by Jack London, Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival by Dave Canterbury, CamelBak water bottle, paracord keychain, bug spray, camping lantern, and candy
- Music to your Ears: iTunes gift card, Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley, ticket stub diary, mini bluetooth boom box, and candy
- Gaming Guru: Amazon gift card, Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes by Scott Cawthon, Pikachu socks, Sushi Go! game, and candy
Reading Levels & Prizes
Every 300 minutes (5 hours) you read moves you up a level in the program and gives you 5 raffle tickets to put toward the grand prize of your choice.
This program is completely online. You can pick up your raffle tickets and prizes at your own convenience, however prizes will no longer be available after August 18.
- Level 1: 300 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets
- Level 2: 600 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets & Punch Ball
- Level 3: 900 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets
- Level 4: 1200 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets
- Level 5: 1500 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets & Flash Drive
- Level 6: 1800 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets
- Level 7: 2100 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets
- Level 8: 2400 minutes = 5 Raffle Tickets & a 2018 Nutmeg Book Award Nominee of your choice
Earn a bonus raffle ticket when you:
Volunteer for more chances to win!
Build a better world by giving back to your community. Are you a library volunteer? Or do you volunteer elsewhere? Now is the time to start. Earn an extra raffle ticket for every volunteer hour you log during the program. Show proof of hours to Kirsty before the end of the program to redeem for tickets.
Any questions? Contact Kirsty, the Teen Services Librarian, at email@example.com or by calling the library at 203-245-7635