The Library has so much more than books! There are magazines and newspapers, audiobooks, videos, music CDs, museum passes, online databases, Internet computers, Wi-Fi access, e-book readers and more. And a friendly staff to help you.
You can use the library 24/7 from home to:
- Search the Catalog
- Check My Account to find out when books are due
- Renew items
- Place a hold on books
- Reserve Museum Passes
- Sign up for Events & Activities
- Find newspaper and magazine articles
- Research topics in our Databases (Consumer Reports, Jobs, Business, Legal forms)
- Information and practice tests for the SAT, ACT, AP Subject Tests and more!
- Download audiobooks and e-books from Overdrive and One Click Digital
- Learn a foreign language using Mango Languages
- Take an online class with Universal Class
- Explore what to read next in Novelist
Come to the Library with proof of your Madison Residency, fill out a form with your name, address, phone number and email address –used only to remind you your materials are due shortly. You will be notified that requested books are ready and, if you wish, updates on coming library events. Once you have your hometown card you may also use it in other Connecticut libraries. And you can use your card to access the online databases, too.
Can’t find what you’re looking for in our LION catalog? We offer interlibrary loan services for borrowing books from throughout the state and even across the country! You can search the statewide catalog yourself. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in the statewide catalog, click on Blank Request and fill it out with as much information as you have. We will search high and low for your item! However, we are not able to borrow DVDs or music CDs from out of state libraries. Many libraries, even from within Connecticut will not send their DVDs or music CDs, but we will try to get it from other libraries in the state. You can also contact Clara, our Interlibrary Loan Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-245-7365 with item requests.
We also provide books for dozens of book groups in town. If you would like us to work with you to get books free of charge for your book group, please contact Clara for more information.